Si è conclusa il 15 settembre la call per la seconda edizione del Soundie, il Barcelona International Music Video Awards, che premia i migliori videoclip nazionali e internazionali. La manifestazione si terrà all’Arts Santa Monica a Barcellona i prossimi 20 e 21 di ottobre.
È arrivato il momento per scegliere il miglior video per la “Best Music Video Audience choice”, con un premio in denaro di 1000€. Il pubblico potrà scegliere tra 824 candidati al premio.
Il MEI è partner e supporta i Soundie, organizati da La Cupula Music e MECAL.
The competition, organized by the digital distribution company La Cupula Musicand MECAL (Barcelona International Short and Animation Film Festival), counts with the collaboration of the following institutions: SGAE Foundation, UFI(Independent Phonographic Union), APECAT (Association of Phonographic and Videographic Producers-Editors of Catalonia), IMPALA (Independent Music Companies Association), PAF (Association of Phonogram Producers), the crowdfunding platform ULULE, MEI, Cases de la música, See you Soundfestival, Moritz, Videolab and ARC (Professional Association of Promoters, Managers and Representatives of Catalunya). During the first edition,Soundie awarded different grants valued at 8000€.
Due to the success of its first edition, with more than 600 videos presented, this year the grants are going to increase to 12 and are going to be valued at 12.000€ distributed among the following categories:
The value of the prizes is 12.000 € of which correspond to 4000€ cash prizes and 8000€ in services for audiovisual productions. These awards will be distributed among the following categories.
- Best international music video (Cash Price of €1000)
- Best National music video (Spain) (UFI Cash Price of €1000)
- Best Catalan music video – Centered CCAA of Catalonia (Cash Price of €1000)
- Best Music Video Audience Choice (Cash Price of €1000)
- Best Editing
- Best Young director (SAE Price – Service valued in 1500€)
- Best Low-cost – Video with less than 1000 € budget (VideoLab Price – Service valued in 2500€)
- Best Song of the pre-selected videoclips
Other prizes will also be offered special mention:
- Best Special Effects. (Free Digital Music Distribution + 500€ in YouTube promotion)
- Best Art Direction – Rewarding the art director (Free Digital Music Distribution + 500€ in YouTube promotion)
- Best Creativity / Screenplay – Rewarding screenwriter / creative (Free Digital Music Distribution + 500€ in YouTube promotion)
- Best Animation – Rewarding the animation director (Free Digital Music Distribution + 500€ in YouTube promotion)
In this second edition, Soundie will have a training day for audiovisual and music professionals, including a networking session with a showcase and a DJ. The public will be able to visualize the finalist pieces and the awards ceremony with different showcases.